Q. I'm a member of staff how can I order books and other materials?
Individual books, DVDs, CDs and ebooks that have been requested by staff for all six libraries are purchased for the Library collection.
Academic staff ordering reading list resources should click here for information on MyReadingLists.
Do you need an item urgently?
There are alternative options to access an item that is required urgently:
- Check Ebook Central to see if the ebook is immediately available.
- Search the Senate House Library catalogue. King's staff and students may borrow books from Senate House Library
- Place an inter-library loan request via our Library Catalogue.
If reading list material is urgently required for teaching purposes, please contact email@example.com
How long do items take to arrive in the Library?
We will email you to confirm when your item is ordered. We aim to supply:
- English-language in-print books in 40 working days
- Out-of-print books, audiovisual materials and publications from outside Europe and North America within 12 weeks
If you have a library account, your orders can be tracked by logging into Library Search. Please allow six weeks before contacting us about your order.
We acquire all titles through approved wholesale library suppliers, subject to availability of stock and peak periods of the academic year such as start of session.
How to contact us
You can email the Acquisitions Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org