Q. Can I access King's libraries if I'm from another University?


We are able to offer limited access to members of institutions participating in the schemes below.  Please note:

  • Access to a limited selection of eresources is available via a small number of public access (VERA) PCs.
  • Reference access is available to all our print resources.
  • Visitors to King’s libraries can use many of the same printing and photocopying services available to staff and students. Full details of this service and instructions on how to register for your own guest print account can be found here. These facilities are available in accordance with the provisions of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act, 1988
  • Wi-Fi is available through The Cloud. See here for registration details.
  • The eduroam wireless network service may also be available if you belong to a participating institution. Eduroam login details can be used to access this network at King's Library sites.

Undergraduates and taught postgraduates

Access is for reference only during King's summer vacation dates via the SCONUL Summer Vacation Access scheme. This year the scheme runs from 3rd June until 13th September. This scheme does not apply at other times of  year. You must have your home institution library card with you as ID. Please check university term dates and Library opening hours before you travel.

Open University undergraduates and taught postgraduates

Open University undergraduates and taught postgraduates may apply for reference or for borrowing as an independent researcher. Please click here for details. Please also check with the Open University about claiming back the cost of a borrowing ticket.

Research postgraduates and staff

Limited borrowing under 'Band A' is offered to institutions taking part in the SCONUL Access scheme . Individuals will be entitled to borrow up to 5 four week loan books. Simply forward your SCONUL 'Band A' membership email to librarymembership@kcl.ac.uk and provide us with the following:

  • a digital photo for your King's ID card
  • your home address
  • your institutional email address
  • your home institution departmental address
  • the name of the King's library you'd like to collect your card from. Card collection is available from our libraries at New Hunt's House, the Weston Education Centre, the Franklin Wilkins Building and the Maughan Library. You will find the locations of our libraries here

Members of staff requiring reference access only may present their current home institution ID card to Security staff.

  • Last Updated Apr 29, 2020
  • Views 41
  • Answered By Pete Garner

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0