Q. How can I pay a fine or charge?
Card payments for fines and inter-library loans can be made online using credit from your printing account. You can make the payment by logging into your library account and selecting 'My account' then 'Pay charges'. The payment will be removed from your printing account. Please see our online payments section for full instructions.
cash payments can be made via the self-service machines. Card payments (minimum £2.50) can be made at the Library Information Points during staffed hours (no in-person payments are available at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN) or St Thomas' House Libraries).
Card payments for fines and lost books can be made by calling 020 7848 4440 between 08.30-20.30 Mon-Fri and 10.00-18.00 Sat-Sun.
Departmental charge request form: this online IT Service Request form can be used by King's Departmental Staff to add print credit to one or many accounts.
For students, staff and NHS staff
- From Library Search click on Sign in in the top right (or in the Library Catalogue click on Log in in the top left)
- Once logged in, click on your name and then My Account along the top (or in the Library Catalogue, click on My Account)
- Click on Pay Library Charges
- If your account is showing ‘Accumulating charges’, click close and click on the Renew all button in Loans, then return to the 'Pay charges' screen (or in the Library Catalogue, click on Renew all). Please renew your books before paying.
- Select the charges you want to pay, then click the Pay button
- If the charges you wish to pay are greater than your available printer credit, then you will need to add print credit before continuing
If you experience any difficulty, please contact us.
Note for staff and NHS staff
The online payments service requires that the number on your University ID card is linked with your King's username.
If when trying to pay charges you see the error message ‘There is a problem with your session/account’, this usually means that your accounts are not linked.
You can request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- King’s/NHS email address
- Number on your College ID card
- King’s username
For all other library members
Library members without a King's username will unfortunately not be able to use this service. Please use one of the self-service kiosks located in the libraries to pay charges.